X.509 Certificate Authentication =
Asymmetric Cryptography Key +
Data Securing + Identity Verification
How does X.509 Certificate Authentication works?
- To make sure, your environment is setup properly, please first clear your browser cache.
- Open your Browser. (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer)
- If a user is already registered with LogmeOnce, then click on LogmeOnce extension and provide your credentials
- Click on “Login” button
- If a user is not registered yet then register with LogmeOnce first using Signup.
- After you are logged in, in on the Dashboard page.
- User click on “My Profile” button.
- User click on “X.509 Certificate” button.
- Download PKCS#12 certificate.
- It should ask for password to protect PKCS#12 file.
- Install PKCS#12 certificate in your browser or system first.
- For Firefox - Certificate is installed in your browser
Go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Certificates -> View Certificates -> Then choose "Your Certificates" tab - and click Import.
- For Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer - Certificate is installed in your system
- Download certificate and just double-click - it will open "Certificate Import Wizard"
- Leave "Current User" as Store Location and click "Next"
- Click "Next" on "File to Import" step
- Enter password that you assigned to certificate in "Private key protected" step - then click "Next"
- In "Certificate Store" step, leave "Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate" checked - then click "Next"
- After clicking "Finish" button you will see "The import was successful" message
- In case of any issues with certificate installed in your system - make sure it is installed in "Certificate Manager" under Personal -> Certificates
For information on how to access "Certificate Manager": http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-vista/view-or-manage-your-certificates
- If your certificate is not visible under Personal -> Certificates - try to install it again and manually select "Personal" store in "Certificate Store" step
- Select “Enable X.509 Certificate Authentication for Two-Factor Authentication” option.
- Click on “Save Changes” button.
- User get Confirmation message.
- Then logout form application and try to login again with valid credentials.
- During Login after typing username and password - it should ask you for certificate. Please note that your browser may remember selected certificate - and will not ask you to select certificate until you restart the browser. But still X.509 is processed during the login.
- Select certificate and click on “OK” button.
- User should be able to login.
- In case you still can't login - system will send you email notification about Login Failed - you will be able to disable Two-Factor Authentication with that email.
- User is pointed to “Cloud Dashboard”.
If you are facing any issue during installation or authentication of X509 certificate, please perform the following:
- Clear your browser cache
- Close all browser tabs/windows and restart your browser and try again to authenticate with X509 certificate.