User Management is a core part of LogMeOnce security platform.
User management enables administrators to manage user access to various company resources such as applications, devices, storage systems, and more. Additionally, User management enables admins to control user access to assets, on-board & off-board users to and from the entire organization resources.
User Management can be accessed from https://<YourLogMeOnceDomain>.logmeonce.com/console/users
or, you may go to Smart Menu - and under Security section, click on User Management icon.
LogMeOnce User Management interface consists of the following areas:
1. User Name - You may search for a person in the user list by entering username in the search window.
2. Filters area enable administrator to sift through users based on User Status, Password Strength, Domain, User Role, Last Online, Group Membership, Client types, and User Types. You may create numerous unique filtered batches by selecting or deselecting individual filters (by selecting or clearing checkboxes).
3. User Listing window displays a list of users based on the user status (whether Active, Inactive, or Pending), User Name, Domain where your organizational users are stored (LogMeOnce Directory or AD domain), Full Name, User Role, Last Online Time, User's Password Strength, and Number of Applications.
4. Actions - Administrators can be perform a set of actions on selected users such as Edit, Delete, Activate, Deactivate, Reset User, Reset Authentication Factor, or Reset Account.
Edit: Edit user profile.
Delete: Delete user and all related group and role membership.
Activate: This will activate an inactive user.
Reset Authentication Factors:
5. A set of tabs based on your Add-On modules. For example, Client Membership features is available if you have purchase "Client Membership" add-on.
Each tab is used to perform a specific user function.
This tab shows the user profile information, and by default it displays 10 fields. When using Active Directory, it is possible to add custom attributes which are displayed under this section. You may also add user profile picture.
LogMeOnce Group Membership displays a list of end-users and their association within a particular group(s). You may add/remove groups.
Client Membership tab displays a list of clients that can be accessed by a designated user(s). In this section you may store client’s passwords and documents. This feature is ideal for use by Consultants, Managed Service Providers (MSP), Accounts, and whoever that needs to deal with their client’s passwords.
The shows a list of applications that are assigned to a selected user. You can add and remove apps from this screen.
Fundamentally, Roles are permissions assigned to an individual or a group to perform a particular task. By default, LogMeOnce offers 7 predefined Roles which gives permission to a user/group to conduct tasks. Additionally, LogMeOnce allows creation of Custom Roles too.
Predefined Administrator Roles:
There are 7 predefined Administrator Roles as explained below,
- Super Administrator
- Users Administrator
- Sites Administrator
- Secure Drive
- Sites Personal
Custom Administrator Role:
You may create "unique & custom Administrator Roles" by selecting attributes from a list of 57 permissions . The custom role can be assigned to a user or a group.