The deployment of LogMeOnce Business and Enterprise edition is easy and straightforward, and can be implemented by administration teams, depending on the features needed. The following is an example plan of action or Proof of Concept for LogMeOnce deployment.
- Add Application to corporate catalog/console
- Add Groups and Sharing Center
- Add Users
- Configure Applications
- Assign Applications to Groups
- Assign Users to Groups
The LogMeOnce team has extensive experience in design, architecture, and the deployment of Identity and Access Management solutions. LogmeOnce also provides Professional Design and Implementation services to assist teams in this process.
Contact LogmeOnce Sales and Support at https://support.logmeonce.com or Support@LogMeOnce.com for more information on Professional Services.
Prepare a list of applications most commonly used in the organization. Consider adding one or two applications to LogMeOnce for testing.
LogMeOnce provides multiple ways to easily add applications. Administrators can use the following methods:
- Import saved passwords from browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari)
- Import passwords from another password manager
- Add applications from the LogMeOnce Application Catalog within LogMeOnce software
- Add application by logging into a website portal and clicking the “Remember Password” dialogue message
- Add applications manually
Add Groups and Sharing Center
LogMeOnce enables unlimited group management. Users and administrators can create single or multi-level nested groups, such as IT, Helpdesk, etc., and assign them to users and groups accordingly as well as set permissions.
LogMeOnce Enterprise edition has an additional feature to set up multi-level nested groups.
LogMeOnce provides multiple options for adding users:
- Add users individually from the User Management in Administration Console. Click on Smart Menu icon on top of the screen when you are in Administrator Console and then User Management.
- Import users from a CSV file
After users are added to the console, LogmeOnce can perform automated or manual user provisioning. For example, LogMeOnce can send a “Welcome” email to users to create their accounts. Users can also be assigned to their respective groups.
Each user account has three statuses; Active, Pending, and Inactive/disabled. Each user account subscription comes with a license for a specific number of user accounts.
When a Welcome email is sent to the user, their account is “Pending” until the user creates an account. The account will become “Active” when the user creates their account.
Users have three days to respond to their Welcome/Onboarding email to activate their accounts. After the three-day period, their activation will expire. Administrators can resend the “Welcome” email simply by changing the user account status to Pending. When a user leaves the company, administrators can set their accounts as “Disabled” or “Inactive”.
LogMeOnce allows administrators to share their accounts with other applications, such as Twitter, SalesForce, QuickBooks, etc.
LogMeOnce allows administrators two options for sharing their applications:
- Users share the administrator username and password. A good example of this is the company Twitter account.
- Users configure their own usernames and passwords. A good example of this is SalesForce or Office 365, in which each user has his or her own username/password.
Assign Applications to Groups
To assign applications to Groups/Sharing folders, go to Group/Share Management and select the desired Group/Share folder.
Then, select the applications to assign to this group. Every time a user is added to this group, they are automatically assigned to these applications.
Assign Users to Groups
We are almost there! At this time, assign users to the respective groups/share folders. Individual applications can be assigned to each user as well.
You Are on Your Way!
Congratulations! The basic setup is complete. Use this for a Proof of Concept. Activate a few users to allow them to try the application to ensure that the Proof Of Concept is properly set up.
Questions? Be sure to check the resource section and contact the LogMeOnce Technical Support team at https://support.logmeonce.com or Support@LogMeOnce.com.
Proceed to the remainder of this document to configure additional features.